Drawing + Movement workshop at Soul Centre, Titirangi, Auckland, NZ with Rena Czaplinska-Archer
- Saturday 26/1/13 – Sunday 27/1/12 from 10- 5pm
- Soul Centre 18 Huia Road Titirangi Auckland NZ
- cost $250/$200 early bird by 21 Dec 12
- send $100 deposit to secure a place
- enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
“We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.” The Talmud
Freehand drawing is an athletic activity. It involves the body and mind. It releases tension and tunes our perception. It develops our ability to see, feel and listen.
During this weekend we will use simple somatic practices to awaken the senses and tune the body to develop what philosopher Merleau-Ponty calls incarnated perception. We will explore how this changes the way we see and becomes visible in our drawings. Using charcoal, ink and oil pastels on paper we will explore our inner and outer landscape of the beautiful Soul Centre gardens. Both beginners and experienced drawers are welcome.
click here for registration form